View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 02:19 PM   #10
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightree View Post
I have KTERM, KUAL installed, not afraid of technicalities.
First of all, please be careful when fiddling with system bins and startup scripts. It is really easy to make Kindle boot loop if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

Second, it is safer to have USBNetwork installed and enable its option "Enable on boot" in KUAL - this way you have much better chances to revert damage during boot loop (preferrable via cable, don't rely on USBNetwork over Wi-Fi - wi-fi daemon might not even start and laso catch the proper network if things are too bad).

Third, here is a non-intrusive idea:
I double-checked this command and it works in Kindle Scribe 5.16.2. From SSH terminal:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.booklet.home
Now, this brings you to the same home tab. But maybe there is another one that brings you to the library?

I don't know where to check, but this a good starting point.

Then, there should be the last startup script somehwere in /etc/init.d or something similar (didn't check it on 5.16.2 yet, trying to remember what it was on PW3 with 5.9.7). I think (and hope) that adding stuff to the very end of it should be safe, but I've never tested it.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote