View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 05:23 AM   #24
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Yes, but you talked about PDF. Said this, you aren't going to find any other program as complete as DTTG. Ah, they have pending add ePub support in the future, they said.
Thanks for the info, I will be on the lookout for this update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdege View Post
iPads and iPhones are essentially disposable. You can't trust them to store data.

I use Android, but the essentials are no different. I have 1000× as many books stored on my server than I keep on my tablet or phone.

And yes, I can ssh into my server and search all my epubs, without having to load them onto my phone.
It's great that this solution works for you, however it is completely unusable for me. I cannot launch a search on the computer, see a list of results, then switch to my ipad, and for each instance found, manually find and open the book, and then manually go to the indicated page. It takes too much time and defeats the objective here, which is to seamlessly and quickly visualize relevant recipes from all my cookbooks, with pictures, and decide in a matter of minutes what I'll be cooking tonight.

As mentioned above, there is an Android tool which does exactly that, so it's not such a farfetched requirement; it's just a matter of someone having the time and inclination to implement it in iOS. Or I could also imagine a network-based solution where the server actually does the rendering of the books at the locations found, and then sends those pre-rendered views to a browser.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote