View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 01:39 PM   #10
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Nope... for now it doesn't seem to work and I'm stuck before even using it.
The installer fails with this log:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.28.1
ERRORE: Installazione del Plugin fallita: Si è verificato un problema durante l'installazione di questo plugin. Il plugin sarà ora disinstallato. Per favore, riporta il messaggio di errore che segue nella discussione del forum relativa al plugin e riavvia calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked
plugin = add_plugin(zip_path)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 513, in add_plugin
plugin = load_plugin(path_to_zip_file)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
return loader.load(path_to_zip_file)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 306, in load
m = importlib.import_module(plugin_module)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib64/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1381, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1354, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1325, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 929, in _load_unlocked
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 205, in exec_module
exec(compiled, module.__dict__)
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 6, in <module>
import imp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'imp'

I still have to figure how to make it then "see" the previewer, since I doubt that an installation on wine (done) can be seen as default path, but for now it doesn't even get installed...

I'm not an expert, for now I just saw that imp is a deprecated module since python 3.4 (I'm running 3.12), replaced by importlib, but I am not sure it is enough to replace that import command...
Since the interface for imp and importlib is radically different (and btw, is python 3.12 going to break the plugin as well, or only its install script?), I installed python 3.11.6 in my linux host and used alternative to make it the default. Python --version shows 3.11.6 in my terminal, that is also the version I have in my windows box... yet the plugin installation in Calibre fails with the same error (module imp unknown)
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote