View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 01:07 PM   #62
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
In fact, I cook as little as possible and love to avoid the kitchen. But hard-boiled eggs can be hard to get right and Alt-Lopez's method results in shells that almost fall off the egg. And no ice bath, either. He boiled 700 eggs to finetune his method, which shows it's not all that easy even for a professional cook.

Hmm, I’m curious what the method is. I’ll have to look it up. My method also results in very easy to peel eggs. Basically put eggs in cold water, bring to boil, then time it from there. I go to 10 minutes because of medical reasons (I can’t have undercooked food), but normally I’d go to 7 mins or so. After hard boiling, I take the eggs out with a slotted spoon, drop into a bowl and run cold water over that for a minute or two. The shells fall off when I do it this way.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote