View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 12:50 AM   #55
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, yes, if you read mostly military history. I've read mostly history dealing with culture, society, customs, everyday life and so on. Not battle descriptions. Not that the latter aren't important, I'm just not interested in them personally.
I don't need to read military history to get my fill and more of blood. Trivial items such the number of deaths expected on a ship at sea, the number of women dying in childbirth, the number of children dying before even reaching their first year, using sulphuric acid on windows to prevent them from frosting over, <fill in as many items as you can stand>. I'm talking about real history not the glossed over and cleaned up version seen in most historical fiction or the equally fictitious version masquerading as historical fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
There's plenty of cruelty in other things than battles, of course, just like in our so-called modern times.
Some of the cruelties from previous centuries have come close to being eradicated in most parts of the world leading me to some small hopes that process will continue.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-25-2023 at 12:52 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote