Thread: PRS-T3 Using a PRS-T3 in 2023
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 04:52 PM   #1
LR44
LR44 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Using a PRS-T3 in 2023

Hello everyone,

I got my hands on a Sony PRS-T3 Reader and I'm really liking it so far. It's my first eReader as I have mainly used the Apple Books app on my phone prior to this. However, I'm puzzled by a few things and was hoping to get answers here, because I can't actually find much on the web about this thing.
  • The device is 10 years old so obiously it has limited funcionality now. The browser doesn't work, the book stores don't work either. I was wondering if there's some custom firmware or something that could give it some of that functionality back? It's not a big deal, but would be nice nonetheless
  • Is there a way to load fonts on it?
  • I used Calibre to put some DRM-free EPUB and PDF files on it, and for the most part they work fine. On some books however, the reader displays the text with big margins on the sides (see second photo). Viewed on Calibres book viewer and Apple Books, everything looks normal. I tried every size/font setting on the Sony but nothing worked. Is there something I could do to the book in Calibre that would make it more "compatible" with the T3?

Sorry for all of these questions, maybe someone here is still rocking one of these and would be ready to help?
LR44 is offline   Reply With Quote