View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 01:07 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the Vision 2 or the Kobo Glo. Any thoughts on which might be better? Water resistance is a plus, but not absolutely essential. They seem to be pretty similar from my very brief research so far
The Vision 2 has the advantage of using an E-Carta screen instead of a Pearl one. The Vision is also "waterproof" (water resistant). The Vision has a flush screen (which may or may not be an advantage, depending on your point of view). The Vision 2 is two years newer, a bit lighter and (in my opinion) has a nicer screen with better lighting. I also like that the Tolinos have ADE built-in, but if you're not going to use DRM books that's a moot point. The Vision 2 also has a white on black screen. The Vision also has a "Tap-to-flip" feature that allows you to tap the back and the page will turn.

The advantages of Kobo Glo would be a familiar interface (mostly the same as the Libra 2), a microSD slot and more choices for font size and font thickness. (No font thickness setting for the Tolino.)

I had a Kobo Glo for a short while. I didn't really like the screen (which is the most important feature for me).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote