View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 04:31 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouzal View Post
Thanks for your support, I tried your method and managed to authorize the T2 with Sony Reader, but this causes ADE to loose its authorization (means I can no longer download .acsm with ADE, as I get error "check activation" whenever I double click a .acsm to download it)

I can "deauthorize/ then authorize" ADE and therefore get again the ability to download .acsm, but when I copy the downloaded ebook to the T2 eReader Download folder, the ereader can't read it and gives error:" Protected by DRM" (so it seems that T2 considers Sony reader authorisation to be different than ADE authorization, hence the DRM error even if it's authorized)

I managed to read one ebook from the T2 by doing the following:
authorize ADE >>download .acsm via ADE >>authorize T2 via Sony Reader (ADE now looses authorization) >>copy ebook to T2 and read it from there.
But this method is not practical at all as I'd need to always authorize/deauthorize ADE and Reader every time I want to upload a book and I'd loose access to all the books previously uploaded
When you reauthorized ADE, did you use the same username and password as you used to authorize the T2? Also, once the T2 is authorized, do not run the Sony Reader software again. You can uninstall it.

Also, copy the authorization file from the T2 so if you need to you can put it back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote