View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 03:01 PM   #1
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
A few small issues with Sigil's formatting controls (not just 2.x)

I've had these two small issues for a long time now, and both involve the format and align buttons.

The first is that the formatting buttons won't work if there are already some formatting tags in effect, even if they're not the same tags. For example with the following:

Code:
<p>one two three</p>
I can select "two" and use the bold and italic buttons (or shortcuts) to add those sets of tags, but, with:

Code:
<p>one <i>two</i> three</p>
If I select "<i>two</i>" (including the tags) and try to make it bold, nothing happens. I can manually type in the tags and it works just fine, but the buttons and keyboard shortcuts do nothing. Note that I'm not suggesting you be allowed to do "<b><i>two</b></i>", but "<b><i>two</i></b>".

Similarly, with the following:

Code:
<p>blah</p>
I would expect to be able to have the cursor anywhere within the <p> block and be able to use the alignment buttons to align centre, right, etc. But if it's at the very end (between the 'h' and '<') nothing happens.

Both of these issues have existed for a long time (unfortunately I can't remember how far back), but I figured now that Sigil is in a new major it might be worth bringing up. Are these the result of a best practice I'm not aware of, or is it maybe an issue others have noticed but no one had brought up yet?

In any case, thanks in advance for the help!
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote