View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 12:17 PM   #51
kjdavies
Zealot
kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
For this specific case, I have a column, #readdates, which stores multiple dates, and a composite column to sort them.

Is there a better way to store multiple dates? In a regular tag column, 'Aug 12 2023' sorts alphabetically.
If you make it a tag column (comma-separated values), format the dates 'YYYY.MM.DD', they will sort in order and can be rendered hierarchically. That is, if you look at the title's details it might render 2023.08.26, 2023.08.27, 2023.08.28, 2023.09.10, 2023.09.11, 2023.09.12... but in the tag browser, this entry would show up under

I've used this format a few times in a library that tracks when a title went into the store, when it was last updated, when I bought it, when I last downloaded it. It's actually not treated as a date, it's just a specifically-formatted string.

If they are date fields, you can create a custom column with a template to convert the date to the format above. However, I found (in the version I tried this with) that did some unfortunate things to GUI performance. I instead made it a static string and then updated my scripts to populate both the date fields and the formatted date fields.
kjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote