View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 06:27 PM   #181
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Patches work even better then sidloadmode (which I do not like) as I like the home screen.
In your opinion. Loads of people prefer the SideloadedMode=true and the Kobo Store can still easily be used.

Patches are more complex to install, can have side effects and need updated after a Firmware update. Obviously they suit suit some people.

But simply using My Books tab and doing nothing else will suffice. Patches are mostly for things other than the Kobo Store.

What's great about Kobo Ereader, it that it's easier to ignore the Store than Kindle, it works better than any ereader with Calibre, the My Books & Search combined with Collections (Shelves) and Series lets you quickly find any book even if there are 10,000.

Also the Kobo Store works well in Browser and the downloaded purchase isn't locked to one ereader like Amazon. You don't even need a Kobo or Kobo app.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote