Thread: New Fire Max 11
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 01:27 PM   #46
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It is easy to change the Alexa speaking voice: "(Alexa,) change your voice".

But this does not affect the voice used for TTS, even after all these years. Why can't they add manual controls to the Alexa player to adjust speed, change the voice, etc.?

That said, I've installed Alexa app on my iPhone and that will let me AirPlay to HomePod, use one of my several headsets, control playback with Watch etc.

Arguably it is a superior alternative to using accessibility (VoiceView on Kindle, Speak Screen on iOS), provided you are willing to follow along in the text manually.

Unfortunately if you pause playback it terminates the Alexa reading session after a relatively short timeout (a minute or less), and you have to go back and re-start it.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-28-2023 at 01:45 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote