View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 08:16 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You get a mild "maybe".

I haven't been able to repro anything¹ since then, but the Clara isn't my daily driver, and I was only able to repro *some* of the issues to begin with anyway.

FWIW, the crashes are only an annoyance (granted, an extremely irritating one), but they won't have any adverse effect on the device itself.

And the Clara 2E, being the most recent of them, is *possibly* the least finicky of the affected devices ([Libra]/Libra 2/Nia/Clara 2E) to begin with...

----

[1]: Well, besides the wait_for timeouts, anyway, but that's been worked around for ever, and I can reproduce those in Nickel anyways, which at least confirms that there's something extremely fishy with those kernels that isn't only specific to some KOReader workloads...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-21-2023 at 08:21 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote