View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 03:34 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausGeoff View Post
My thanks to everyone who's responded to my question about the loose reader back. I guess it's certainly not a a 'major' disaster, rather just one of those things that catches your attention occasionally.

It's probably too much of a hassle to order a replacement, and as a few folks have said, another one could show the same issue.

I don't use a case simply because the slim profile and the light weight of the reader is one of its main attractions in my opinion; why bulk it up with a case?

I guess I'm just a little disappointed that a relatively expensive reader (speaking as an aged pensioner) shows a defect that simply shouldn't be present within a device sold by a large international company such as Rakuten.

Apart from this niggle, I'm more than happy with the reader's technical performance, coupled with its ease of use and range of available books.
A case would prevent the cover from becoming loose. And you should get it replaced under warranty and also get a case. The case makes no difference to me in the weight. I don't notice the additional weight of the case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote