View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 01:15 AM   #13
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Hi Doitsu,

I downloaded the new ShowSemantics and MarkdownImport plugins and installed on current Sigil 1.9.30 on macOS Ventura.

ShowSemantics worked fine, however MarkdownImport threw the following error. On further testing, I also get an error with v0.1.2. Obviously I haven't used this plugin for a while. Anyway, let me know if the error is on my end and if so, how I fix it

Spoiler:

Converting test.md...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 142, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "/Users/o/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/MarkdownImport/plugin.py", line 214, in run
stdout, stderr, returncode = md_wrapper(*args)
File "/Users/o/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/MarkdownImport/plugin.py", line 100, in md_wrapper
process = subprocess.Popen(list(args), stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE, startupinfo=startupinfo)
File "subprocess.py", line 951, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 1821, in _execute_child
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Users/O/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/MarkdownImport/cmark-gfm'
Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Users/O/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/MarkdownImport/cmark-gfm'

Also, FYI to DiapDealer, I quickly tested the new TagMechanic, KindleImport and DOCXImport, which worked fine on 1.9.30 (i.e., backward compatiblility is fine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If you're using one of the following plugins and want to test the Sigil Qt6 beta, please install the latest plugin versions that I uploaded today.

AddIDs
Epub2LegacyMetaData
KindleGenQt
LanguageTool
MarkdownImport
ShowSemantics

(Thanks to a special Python library that DiapDealer kindly provided, they're all backwards-compatible with previous Sigil 1.x versions.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My most popular Qt plugins should also be ready for Sigil 2.x and 1.x :

TagMechanic
DOCXImport
KindleImport

I tried to indicate in the plugins' first posts that when Linux users upgrade to (or build) Sigil 2.0 with Qt6, they'll need to install PySide6 (to use these Qt plugins). Since Linux Sigil relies on the system Python for plugins.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote