View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 11:41 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Kobo notes export well as text, docx, png, html or pdf depending on content and if basic or advanced. They use Nebo. The Nebo app on the iPad is similar, but some Kobo features are only in paid version. I don't have an Android with a digitizer, so don't know what Android Nebo is like.

We have four Sages here in the family and another on order. Battery life is OK, especially with frontlight, WiFi and BT off. Android eink for same capacity cell is much worse than generic Linux. Certainly the Libra 2 has better battery life, but is slower and smaller screen. It unusually does work with the pen, but only in the Sketch pad app.

Only twice since 2006 have I seen eink in a shop. Late 2006 was a Sony and maybe 2019 or 2017 Tesco had the Paperwhite 3 for a short while. Never ever have I seen them in a shop.
I have compared original H2O, original Libra, Kindles (DXG, K3, PW3 & PW4) and Sony PR350 side by side with front light off (doesn't absolutely turn off on PW3) in daylight without sun and room lights. The original H20 by a slight margin was whitest (no capacitive touch). The Libra was whiter and sharper than PW3. The Pw4 was less sharp and less white than PW3. The PRS350, DXG and KK3 about similar on whiteness and less good. Also KK3 is 167 and DXG only 150 dpi, and obvious. As the PRS350 is same 800x600 as KK3 or older Basics it looks sharper than them because it's only 5″. You needed a fussy font to see that the H2O was less resolution than the 300 dpi Libra, Pw3 or PW4.

It's hard to see any difference in quality between Libra, Libra2 and Sage. The Oasis gen 2 same 300 dpi, but seemed not as white or sharp.
Again you need a small fussy font to notice that the Elipsa is actually a little less sharp (lower DPI) than original H2O, which is less sharp than Sage/libra2 /libra. Though it has less dots than a Sage, the 10.3″ does let you view PDFs for proofing better. If you have sharp eyes the Sage might be better for PDFs! I bought the DXG for PDFs and it was a total failure. I'd passed on the PW1, far better for ebooks, so later got a PW3, and then replaced it with better Original H2O, though it's lower resolution. I bought a reMarkable for PDFs. The only worse ereader is the DXG. Only 6G storage, only network transfer on USB via browser, no text recognition, no native epub. I gave it away.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote