Thread: Prime Day 2023
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 07:47 PM   #153
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks, I'll check it out.

If you didn't take Prime delivery, you still got 6% back for using Prime Visa. What Amazon was doing was offering you an extra 1% for no-rush shipping. You'd have to spend $200 for that 1% to equal a $2 digital credit.

Amazon was pulling a fast one with that 7% offer (in reality, an extra 1% over the guaranteed 6%). In my case, Amazon was telling me that it would be cheaper for them to ship it no-rush and for the longer delay in getting it, they were going to give me an extra $0.19.
It's just like the sales tax holidays. People rush out to save 8% here. Most stores aren't having big sales events because they know people will be out buying. They are better off waiting for the stores to actually have things on sale, usually a couple of weeks after the sales tax holiday.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote