Thread: Prime Day 2023
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 10:40 AM   #144
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
We have the same delivery problems as some others, made worse by the fact that our house's front door is literally right on the street, so there is no porch or lawn to leave packages. I've put instructions in Amazon for our address for the driver to open our side gate (not locked, just on a latch) and at least leave the packages out of sight. This used to happen most of the time, but more recently it's been maybe half the time. Either the delivery person isn't reading the instructions, or they just don't bother.

So then I switched to having my packages delivered to my work, which is a small company, and now I have the same problem as @Apache. If the packages come the last mile via USPS, the mail usually comes around the time we close, and if they miss us, sometimes they just leave the packages behind our bushes near the front door. And, although I've put our "open hours" in Amazon's instruction area for my work address, if they miss us, they leave the packages about half the time too. But since we're in an industrial area, at least no one is wandering around looking for packages in the evening/weekends, and the bushes are easy to put the packages behind (no gate latch to have to open!), so so far I haven't had any packages stolen there.

But now, I spend a lot of time adjusting when I buy things to try to have them delivered early or mid-week, so at least they won't sit over the weekend...

Sigh!

Last edited by sufue; 07-16-2023 at 10:46 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote