Thread: New Fire Max 11
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 03:19 PM   #22
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think various Fire HD8s and HD10s are a terrific value, especially when they go on sale. High performance, of course not. But for email, web browsing, video watching they're fine. It's trivial to add the Google Play Store, so you have access to your Android apps and mine all work in a satisfactory manner.

As for "too much being shoved down your throat", surely that's hyperbole? Now me, I'm too cheap to spend $15 to get the lockscreen promotion removed, but I don't even notice what it is, and once past that Amazon's not promoting anything to me unless I go looking for it.

But you do you, as they say.
I've never paid to remove Lock Screen ads on any of the (too) many Fire tablets I've had. I'm pretty much hard wired to ignore what is there, and rarely get covers so I'm used to having to swipe to wake.

I have virtually no investment in Android apps so it's not worth it for me to install Google Play. I download Firefox from Mozilla.org, Apple Music from apkmirror, and that's about all I want on there.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote