Thread: New Fire Max 11
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 06:35 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Here in Ireland it works out more expensive than a decent laptop with no OS (A Lenovo). About €500 with pen & keyboard without adverts and 64G Flash. However it's moot because none of the usual Amazon marketplaces for Ireland depending on what you are buying (USA, DE, UK) will ship.

I've found Android rubbish (Keyboard only) and iPad (Keyboard & Pencil) poor for content creation compared to a cheap laptop and I also gave away 2 x MS Win10 tablets that had supplied keyboard docks as they were poor compared to XP or Linux even on an old Netbook. Win 10 seems only usable on a high spec laptop or tower PC.

So though initially I thought I might get a Fire 11 bundle I think not. A more expensive iPad might be better value to create content (but tying one it was limited) and an Android at half the price fine for consumption only use.

I'll stick to using my Lenovo skinny laptop or Lenovo android tablet if away from the desk.

I wonder are they rationing the Fire 11 as the current Fire 10 can be purchased from UK or DE to Ireland?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote