View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 02:40 AM   #2
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have a lot of audiobooks. A lot sync with the ebooks but a percentage don’t.

For one particular author, Lily Morton, I wanted to get the audios so I could read and listen using my Paperwhite 6.8 11th generation. I have ten of her books and matching audios. Three of them don’t link up, and I even bought the whispersync for voice audio at the reduced price.

Audible have confirmed that I have the matching ebooks and audiobooks, they suggested the ebook needs updating, however Kindle Support say there is nothing to update.

It’s an infuriating issue that I just can’t get any help with. I feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall. I’ve done all the troubleshooting Audible keep throwing at me and nothing works. Has anyone else experienced this?

If I have 30% failure rate for one author it can just be me that’s seeing this.
I've had ebooks that are supposed to have Whispersync for Voice but fail to link to the audiobook. However, Kindle Support has always been able to update the ebook for me and restore Whispersync. Though sometimes it takes a long time to get to the right person who won't give me the rigamarole.

That said, I've also had books that were Whispersynced when I bought them, only for them to lose Whispersync later because the author updated the book and it screwed up the Whispersyncing. Could that be what's happening?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote