View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 03:45 PM   #1096
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock97 View Post
I have searched till my fingers bled. I am trying to figure out how to simply import my list of identifiers into my library. I am using a custom column (#shorttitle) as the match column. This is working correctly, however cannot seem to format my CSV in any manner in which I can import my amazon and ff identifiers. Here is a sample line from the CSV.

Any help with the formatting would be gratefully appreciated.

G
See the attached image ToolTips from the JS Thread.

Apparently, you are trying to add multiple Identifiers within a single CSV row cell. Check the CSV double quotes for that column. Also, your column header appears wrong; ID is the Calibre Book ID, an integer. You are trying to update Identifiers. See the image ToolTips. Also, you appear to be mixing single quotes and double quotes in the same CSV row. Be careful how you save your Calc spreadsheet with options re: always double-quote text cells. All cells should be double-quoted to separate them from the other cells in the same row. The single quotes of the data are entirely different. See the csv.txt file attached below.

I hope your are not manually editing your CSV file in a text editor; if so, switch to Calc/Excel to gain uniformity in your CSV.

The matching is working properly because that match column is the only column with proper syntax.

The lower right corner of the image, plus the original posts about this Tool, state that there is an example CSV file located in /../calibre/plugins/job spy/resources. That CSV is attached below.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_20191023.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	202385  
Attached Files
File Type: txt import_csv_to_update_metadata_example_csv.txt (718 Bytes, 69 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-01-2023 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Corrections. New attachment from calibre/plugins/jobspy/resources
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote