View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 10:33 AM   #20
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Goodness someone else who looks to others goodreads opinions. I appreciate you've also said you read opinions published in the media, and that makes more sense to me.

Meanwhile, it just seems that experienced readers (like yourself) can work it out for themselves.

It may sound like I'm criticising you and @diapdealer, I'm not, just surprised that people with your reading experience require the opinions of others regarding a book you may want to read.
Rather patronizing, don't you think? Where did we say "require" as opposed to finding them useful? And you misunderstood or chose to ignore where I mentioned "discovery" and books outside the mainstream, even though you quoted it. Aside from seeing if people with similar tastes to mine have liked or disliked a book and why, I find out titles of interest from what they're reading that I had not heard of and might never hear of otherwise.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote