View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 03:02 PM   #6
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
At $3500 + tax + lenses (if needed) plus any add-ons, and it is Apple, so expect a cleaning cloth to cost $300 , I doubt we will see that many of these devices sold. I'm guessing that mostly gamers with more money than sense, and business pros that can use these in their business/industry, science, research, et cetera, will be the primary buyers. I can't believe the average person would pay as much for these as they would for a high end Mac just to watch TV or surf the internet or read a book.

Personally, I wouldn't care to wear those darn plastic things on my head for hours at a time, not that I could ever afford, much less justify, paying $4,000+ for them. In my location, local and state sales tax equals 8.25% which comes out to about $289 just for tax. Plus I would definitely need the lenses. I would probably need the extra top strap to keep them on in a comfortable position, so knowing Apple add another $400 for a lousy strip of rubber! I live in Texas where Satan has his summer home because it is hotter than his normal home, so wearing diving goggles outside would likely mean a heat stroke and being rushed to a hospital. And since this the USA where our healthcare system is only the third best in North America, well do the math... But seriously, those would be hot and uncomfortable to wear. I can't even wear over the ear headsets, much less that device. Quite frankly, anyone who wears those in public will, sooner or later, likely encounter an irate stranger who feels threatened by them.

So I have a hard time believing these will become mainstream. Perhaps those who no longer can read cursive writing, nor read a clock with hands, nor pull themselves off their couch and out of a gaming world to actually go outside and meet REAL people, maybe those people will buy them. They live in cyberspace already. The rest of us? Not so much...
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote