Thread: Hisense A5
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 10:12 AM   #507
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ View Post
Hey guys, old thread but old phone and old topic!

Just wanted to check that the HiSense phones are useless as a phone. Everything I've seen seems to suggest you can put google apps on the device but they mostly don't work, and you're contacts and calendar won't synch.. and you won't get any notifications.

Plus the phone is prone to locking you out, giving you no chance to recover it with a pin number, so your 300 dollar phone is immediately useless for no good reason.

It sounds very much like the Yotaphone 2 is the last eInk phone that actually works if you're outside China. Can someone confirm please?
If you need Google's apps, then yes, you are right. Stay away from this phone. Or if you live in the US, seeing as most bands over there are not supported.

As for the rest: I live in Europe and everything works great. I consider Google spyware and don't want them anywhere near my phone; apps can be installed and updated using F-droid and Aurora store. I've never been locked out of either my A5 Pro or A9.

That said, I wish it were possible to root these phones (except for the A5, which is rootable) to be able to use microG.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote