View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 06:32 AM   #856
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
I can see why there might be benefit in rooting a Kindle to read epub books without the pain of converting them. What is the advantage of rooting a Boyue device which is running Android and has a link to the Google Play store for alternative reading apps? Am I missing something here?
Yes, I can't see the point. On my Boyue Likebook Mars, I can turn the Google blob on/off and also directly install any APK from any website via download on the native web browser without having to enable a hidden developer mode. I wish all Android phones & tablets had that. But OTOH I've never needed to "root" any of my android devices as repeated tap on suitable system info enables developer mode and then you can add any APK and also use PC tools (at least Windows and Linux) to remove packages that can be uninstalled on the phone/tablet, if you know real name. There is a Playstore app to display real filenames.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote