View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 04:34 AM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
OK, but you've been singing high praise of MapleRead, recommending it left & right. If it brought you to this degree of enthusiasm, I think its developer deserves to get your purchase, as a small thank-you and a piece of encouragement to continue developing the app, whether you intend to use it full-time or not. Again, if its price was high, that would be different, but what is it? Five bucks? It's really more in the nature of a tip, rather than a "purchase price".

I bought all available MapleRead versions years ago, knowing full well I would not be using it as my main e-reader app. After getting locked in iOS via Marvin, and locked in Android via Moon+ Reader, I know I will not "make that mistake again" – I mean, using a single-platform app as my main e-reader. It just has to be a cross-platform app the next time around, and so, my hopes are currently pinned on BookFusion. Despite all that, I bought all available MapleRead licences, to show appreciation to the developer. Who knows – maybe if enough people do that, he will also start developing MapleRead for Android and for the web?
You solution really is to dump either Android or iOS and just use one OS or the other.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote