View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 01:35 PM   #353
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Can't you download the FW on any OS with a browser and a file manager that can copy to USB MS?

Aren't the download links here https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html actual kobo, not hosted by Peter Gaskin?

But yes, agree, otherwise there is no point to the Kobo Desktop and it does likely have no connection in source to any of the SW on a Kobo. Different platform and purpose. I doubt it's much like the Android app either.
As I said, for those who are unable to download and copy the firmware install files. I had fun with one relative trying to talk them through updating their firmware on a Kobo Glo after they triggered a factory reset. It finally was just simpler to have them download and install the desktop app and use it to update the firmware. A trip from Vancouver to Truro was not an option.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote