View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 04:50 PM   #95
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
I do have to support both ecosystems because (a) some ebooks are available for sale in only one format, and (b) even when Kobo and Amazon carry the same title, the price difference can be 8%. This happened with the Leigh Brackett Megapack, and far be it for me to ignore small differentials in pricing. I am the king of arbitrage.
For (b), I make use of Kobo's price match. You get the difference plus 10% of the competitor's price. So if I see the book on Kobo for $15.99 Cdn and on Amazon.ca for $13.99 Cdn, I get a credit of $3.40 Cdn making the price $12.59 Cdn. Admittedly this is store credit but it adds up over time. Just make sure to take a screenshot in case the price changes between your purchase and when customer service checks the pricing.

As for format? That's what calibre and it's plugins are for.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote