View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 11:58 AM   #109
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
This is rather pleasant, and I'm happy to have a replacement for EBookDroid that uses mupdf, which always seemed to have the best performance for me. The app is very snappy (in particular the library seems able to repopulate itself very quickly). I like it.

Hm, I'm still working out exactly how to use it, but here are a few comments I came up with after the first day.
  • I'd really like to be able to read PDFs with horizontal scrolling and the screen locked to 'fit width', but it seems like this is currently impossible, as scroll mode only does vertical scrolling and book mode won't automatically lock to screen width.
  • I kind of wish I could increase the interace's font size; it's pretty small!
  • Is there a way to always have the Android system elements hidden when you start reading a book? I haven't found it yet.
  • I'd like to be able to search my library by publisher, but it doesn't seem to pick up on publisher data as specified by Calibre. In fact often it seems to miss Calibre's metadata altogether and pull messy stuff out of the file; not sure if that's a problem here or in Calibre.

Last edited by Rand Brittain; 04-06-2023 at 12:04 PM.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote