Thread: Embedded fonts
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 11:44 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Stupid word use.
BUT
Are the fonts really embedded or is that just another poorly crafted (using word) that includes @font... in every file?

The real font (.ttf,.otf file) will be in the fonts folder of a calibre conversion.
I call all this unnecessary junk (to really make the book look as intended on a e-reader): Word cruft

FWIW I have developed a whole pile of saved searches over the years (mine are mostly in Sigil) to help do the cleanup. (I also beautify files FIRST, so the code is more standardized. every line in the CSS ends with a ; )

Code:
@font-face {
    font-family: .+;
    panose-1: .+?\s+}
As with ALL cleanup routines: LOOK FIRST (at the code) as some font stuff is desired for that books look and a wholesale Nuke'm would be bad
The above could be for a pretty-decorative title that you want
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote