View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 05:32 PM   #13
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Sanderson, but I've read and liked several of his books. None of them is in my top ten favorites or even in my top hundred, but I enjoyed them. Good storytelling is what I want from the books I read; I don't care about their literary worth or any clever wordplay.

As to the article... meh. I'm afraid I almost fell asleep reading it. And I kind of failed to see its point. Yeah, so what if Sanderson isn't any kind of literary genius? Obviously he is a great entertainer and gives a lot of readers exactly what they want: a good, entertaining story. Why should there be something wrong with that?
And Sanderson himself doesn't think he's a great stylist or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
But I certainly don't feel like I should go out on a crusade to refute what the article says. Yeah... so what. Yawn.
Believe me, it beats learning about extended page table switching.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote