View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 08:18 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightjar View Post
Nope. I said right from the start that we created a new ePub3 version from scratch. And this came after having successfully published ePub2+mobi versions for more than a decade. If you want to know the average number of fonts we used, I can say that on average we used 12 font files with no problems at all on Kindle readers.

I was looking for an answer just to understand why when I create a mobi+azw3 package using Kindle Previewer 3 to convert my ePub3 file, the ebook does look perfect on any Kindle reader. However, when I send the very same ePub3 file using SendtoKindle or email to the Kindle reader address, the results are horrible, with missing fonts and other CSS flaws that ARE NOT PRESENT on the mobi/azw file converted from the very same ePub3 source.

This means that something is getting modified or stripped out by Amazon in the process. But you all know that Amazon is dismissing mobi/azw file loading, so I'm back to square one.
When you finish your ePub, subset the fonts and you'll see which ones can be deleted because they are not used.

Also, are you going to fix the code so it works properly with both ePub 2 and ePub 3?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote