View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 05:40 AM   #58
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
I suspect a lot of 'genre' fiction will be able to be churned out by AI fairly soon. Cozy mysteries, romance, even my own beloved SF probably. Anything that as you say tends to follow a pattern that readers like consuming again and again in slightly altered forms.

Andrew
And your forgot probably the easiest target: erotica.

I can't help thinking of the whole million-monkeys-at-a-million-typewriters producing Shakespeare thing. Generators/publishers of AI material will create a lot of drek, but the Internet already does. However, we already have an the online population providing a free global filtering service, so all the publishers need do is put it up there and wait for the readers to "like" stuff stuff or not, just as happens now. The publishers with the best generators will get the most visitors to the most liked books and so the most revenue from advertising. The "more like this" links will have a whole new relevance because the AI will know exactly what "this" was generated from and be able to generate more using some variation of that base.

And not just the text. The covers would be a no-brainer assigned to AIs getting too old to earn their keep.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote