View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 08:22 AM   #35
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
[...] The "development of algorithms for certain types of problems" means nothing concrete and implies that ChatGPT has some deeper understanding than what we have been given, and we should trust it there.

As for the discussion of whether there is a "great range of AI systems," this was a rhetorical device on Quoth's part that didn't mean anything concrete (#31 is relevant here). If I cared about that sentence, and Quoth and I were posting back and forth, I would have either asked for clarification, or, more likley, ignored the claim on grounds that it didn't advance Quoth's claims enough for me to have to refute it. ChatGPT doesn't know when to stop digging.
Hmm... so ChatGPT is sounding more and more like a regular MR participant. Do you so suppose we might all be AIs?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote