View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 01:21 PM   #49
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
The poll is old and closed, but I'm replying anyway:
In my country (Sweden) you do not have to be a local resident to get a library card. You do however in most cases have to show up in person to have your application approved and the library account activated. Therefor I have a card for the region closest to me apart from my own because they have a much better selection of ebooks and "my" region only allows one ebook/week. I might get another one at another region I visit every summer. I'm not sure if this is in anyway "morally wrong", but I don't think so since I've asked if residence is a requirement and was told "No".
One of my US friends lets me log on to her library and on very rare occasions I do since I prefer reading the original language if possible and sometimes (but not very often) her library has the book I want. I would very much prefer to have my own "legal" account like back when Philly allowed non-residents to sign up for a small fee (if I remember correctly - it was many years ago!). But to be honest, I haven't done much about it since I've had plenty to read anyway. (Actually, I found a Swedish library with a decent selection of German ebooks and my German definitely needs improving so I kind of focus on that now. I should look into Spanish as well, but my brain might overheat...)

Last edited by Asawi; 02-18-2023 at 01:23 PM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote