View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 02:23 AM   #511
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
I already bought and read the hardcover, and don't live in the UK anyway. Because of its large color illustrations, I recommend reading it as a hardcover and not as an ebook.
It's confusing to me why you should post about a certain title in this particular thread – “Books you gave up on ever being ebooks” – and then act uninterested when it turns out the book you mentioned is an ebook after all. Did you err in your first post? Why do you hold such strong opinions about a digital edition you evidently didn't even know existed?

The Last Hero is one of my favourite print books in my whole collection, and the digital edition doesn't disappoint me one bit. Every single one of Paul Kidby's illustrations is present. Every page is there, identical to how it is in print. Even the two-page spreads work perfectly on my reader in landscape mode. And despite every single page being an image, the file size is actually quite reasonable.

Yes, definitely read The Last Hero in print; Kidby's work is worth it. But that's no reason to avoid also having it as an ebook, if that's something you want.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote