View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 05:45 AM   #27
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A lot of my favourite characters I would not want to meet on a well lit main street never mind in the proverbial gloomy back alley.

Or, as my friend keeps reminding me: if I like a character, there are good changes they won't reach the end in one piece, nor with their body still over ground

So, back to the OP's question: I don't need to identify myself with any characters of any story, but a story or characters within need to be able to communicate me something, to pick up my interest, to make me curious/care about what's happening next.

"To connect" to a story means "to be interested in what the author wanted to show" to me.
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote