View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 10:51 PM   #2000
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I was baffled for a while by the Linux command line version and the menu, but eventually realised from Help (h) that I needed to do a final "enter" alone to execute, rather than q to quit, after picking options!

Is there a recommended command line setting for coloured scan PDFs from archive.org books that are often too dark and slow on eink?
Yeah, sorry about that. I haven't put much energy into the linux menu options in some time. It is a poor man's gui, and not a very good one.

As for converting archive.org books, do you have a particular example in mind that you could post the link to? Archive.org typically displays slowly on e-inks because of the compression used (JPX/JPEG 2000). K2pdfopt can certainly be used to convert to "flate" compession (z-lib), which displays faster, but will result in a larger file size.

Last edited by willus; 02-02-2023 at 10:54 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote