View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 11:23 AM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
The good folks over at DIY Book Scanner have been developing these types of scanners for a long time. Although most of their designs tend to use a “v” shaped holder (the cradle) for the book and a “v” shaped glass to flatten the page (the platen) which would minimize warping of the page when it is opened against the resistance of the binding. They also usually have 2 cameras, each aligned directly facing the left or right page.

Both of those techniques minimize the required software calculation to correct image warpage and perspective shift. There was some enterprising programmers working on software that would automagically correct all that AND provide some OCR AND maybe even bake some cookies for you…. I haven’t been active over there in awhile so I don’t know the current status of those projects…. They may have dropped the cookie feature

The last I heard they had a scanner that could scan/correct/ocr several hundred pages per hour (800 pph comes to mind). And it’s all free, except for the material and time investment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6FE6F14-E558-417D-B573-7D48FE1CD05E.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	199162  
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote