View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 06:22 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
GIMP also does layers and can import PDF as a layer per page. Can reverse order export as mpng for ImageMagick.

I have an old SCSI scanner also the network scanner on my laser printer (both have sheet feed options), but I'd been wondering about either a setup for my 20+ Megapixel Canon DSLR or getting an A3 overhead scanner. Most of the scanners can be got working on Linux, but the included SW is usually useless. I have tesseract OCR installed on Linux.

The 20 year old scanner is slower than the Brother's scanner at full colour and resolution but seems better quality. Likely OCR work only needs mono and not the highest resolution?

Curve on pages on a book is an issue which some of the overhead scanners claim to fix, but I suspect that is Windows software, not anything in the scanner which is likely just a camera.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote