View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 06:22 PM   #20
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I ended up doing mostly comfort reading and rereads last year - I’m not sure setting goals helped or hindered me quite honestly. I tend to read people in batches - so, one year I will read everything I can by Patricia Highsmith, Graham Greene or Iris Murdoch, for instance, then I will need a break from them for a few years. After which I will reread all their books again avidly. I don’t know if that really fits with monitoring my reading, although it has been interesting to review the books I read last year on the 2022 thread. It's interesting to me to see how many I have zero recollection of also. Particularly the modern 'thrillers' (not thrilling ).
I did over 30% re-reads, which is high for me even as a big re-reader

I sometimes will do batch reading of authors, but really mine is when I get hooked on series by an author - I re-read a lot by Patricia Briggs this year as an example. Probably where a lot of those re-reads come from
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote