View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 12:23 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
With all due respect you haven’t “proven” anything. That’s why there is this argument every so often (thanks Wolfie). You can see all of these arguments, including yours, in those multiple threads on this topic I mentioned before…

You can’t refuse to follow the standard because no one you’ve seen in the last X number of years has followed the standard… kinda circular arguing there…

Just because people don’t follow the semantics for em vs i does not invalidate the standard.

It sucks that your experience shows people don’t do their jobs very well… if you want to jump on that train… well, as they say, you do you booboo. I’m going to follow the standard as much as I can.

As for me… I’m done with this repetitive argument.

Cheers!

~ The End ~
You are getting sucked into something that should not exist. <em> and <strong> are the same as <i> and <b>. So why use <em> and <strong> when they do noting different to <i> and <b>?

As was said, the author using a word processor to create the book is not going to want <em> and <strong> in place of <i> and <b> as long as the text looks bold and italic where it's wanted. I don't know of any word processor that will use <em> and <strong>. I don't know of any author that even cares. How is <i> & <em> and <b> and <strong> supposed to read differently by a TTS? I've never heard a human read audiobook have different ways of saying something that's bold or italic.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote