View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 08:06 PM   #28
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
On amazon kindle devices
I didn't know that, but honestly, I'm with Jon on this. (Though I disagree about no spaces for the ellipsis character. )

I *hate* em-dashes with spaces. I'm not real crazy about en-dashes with spaces either, but it's tolerable.

Seems to me that if Amazon has a problem with em-dashes in their reading engine, said reading engine should get fixed, because an em-dash isn't exactly breaking news. They are in a LOT of books and have been for years and years. And a company in the business of selling ebooks ought to be able to figure out how to handle them with search, IMHO.

Besides, I just tried it with Dapple Gray and didn't notice any particular issue when searching. (KF8)

A lot of the big publishing houses use em-dashes without spaces, and if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote