View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 09:40 AM   #75
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Y'know, I am typically against making fun of, or denigrating, when "civilians" (no offense, Don!) make design so-called "errors" (forgive all the quotation marks, gang) about fonts. Designers get up on their hind legs and give normies the high hairy eyeball, about choosing a font that was popular, but now, Deee-ziners, in their infinite wisdom, have determined that it's overused, or no longer cool. That's some damned horsepucky, right there--nobody died and left designers as the end-all and be-all arbiters of what's cool in fonts. That's just...stuff going right to their heads.

But Comic Sans...man, that's been around a looooooong time and whilst it is highly readable--despite the sneers and jeers--it really is overused. Comic Sans, Papyrus (curse you, James Cameron!), Algerian (sigh) and a few others really do seem to show up everywhere.

And given tht this is not a child's book, in fact, but a book about childhood, I would consider something with a teeeny weeeeny bit more edge. Still kiddish, but not child-like.

Hitch

That last paragraph sums up exactly what I was trying to do in the writing: "[A] book about childhood..."
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote