View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 12:09 PM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Here you go. I just finished working this one up.

Notice the title change, as well. Although there is nothing inherently wrong with masturbation (except for getting killed by a speeding bus), I decided to change the title for the potential grandma and grandpa who may be out there looking for something to read other than the Obituary Page in their local newspaper.
Well...okay firstly, not readable at thumbnail. Using black text on a grayish background is not really conducive to high-contrast, accessibility-friendly reading. Hell, it's not all that readable at full size, either. If it were me, I'd change that text up to a brighter yellow--in the same family as the duck or the yellow on that bus or whatever, or white. OR a lighter tint of that blue, that's on the camper-truck/bus-thing. Any of those would make it more readable.

The font is also terminally boring. I mean...Times New Roman? Dude. This is meant to be in which genre, informally, inside of LitFic, again? There should be something that could be done to at least hint at the idea, I would think to the reader.

And I'd likely use a nice sans-serif font for the byline. Possibly a Condensed one; I'd need to see the final layout of the title and tagline/subtitle, whatever that bit formally is meant to be.

As far as keeping up with the LitFic idea that covers shouldn't really tell the reader anything, well...on that note, I think you're dead on.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote