View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 02:54 PM   #4
mtxo
mtxo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Many thanks for the improvements.

I not interested in the cloud part of the script, so as now it saves the markdown file in the kobo storage, it is so fine for me.

In the first script I was made this "improvement":

Code:
#$CURL -u "$USER" -H "$HEADER" -T "$TMP" "$URL/notes-$DATE.md"
cp "$TMP" /mnt/onboard/mynotes-$DATE.md
So: comment the line that make the cloud connection, and put a new line for save temp file to the kobo storage. So, nothing interesting

I'm not a coder, so I can't improve your code

I test the new version. The new code for save the markdown file to the kobo storage is ok. But, maybe it have a "bug" in the case of a non english environment. Mine is spanish, and the "Exported Annotations" dir is called "Anotaciones exportadas" in spanish. So maybe you need to put a note in the script to the user to adjust it to her language...

And the result markdown file is not "the same" in the two versions. In the previous version I have a more complete file, whit probably all the highlights of the kobo saved. In the new one, there are not highlights for some books. You can see them in the attached files (i renamed them to the .txt extension). The 1.txt file is made with the first version, and the 2.txt file with the second.

As you can see, in 1.txt there are highlights from these books:
- Autonomous, Annalee Newitz
- Informe sobre Biodiversidad (a lot of them)
- Instrucciones para salvar el mundo, Rosa Montero
- La libertad interminable, Joe Haldeman
- Panteón, Carlos Sisí

In the second file there are only highlights from "Informe sobre Biodiversidad". There are all of them, but in another order. Maybe, the order of these highlights in the first file is better, but I not sure.

If you need my kobo database, I can send you, but I prefer to not make it public, so I will send to you only.

That's all. Many thanks for you work. Greetings. Mtxo.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1.txt (5.2 KB, 189 views)
File Type: txt 2.txt (5.9 KB, 150 views)
mtxo is offline   Reply With Quote