Thread: TV tech
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 11:21 AM   #1
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
TV tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon did botch the PW4 and I do feel sorry for anyone how bought one. The screen was the problem. How they did it when they made it flush made the screen muddy and less contrast.
I think people here sometimes obsess over resolution and contrast. Yes, it's nice to have, but I'm not going to throw a less-then-300-dpi device into the trash can. Or demand the latest in contrast technology before I'll agree to read a book.

My home theater setup is 4K. And 4K movies look good on it. Especially when you add HDR to the mix (that actually makes a much bigger difference than the 4K). But 1080 movies look good as well. And so do 720 movies. And I still watch DVDs on it too (gasp, not even Bluray - although I have that capability - but plain old regular DVDs). What are those, 480 I think? They are fine. Can I tell a difference? Of course, if I walk up close to the screen and examine the pixels. Does it make any difference in enjoyment of a movie? No.

I read books to enjoy them. Not to microscopically examine the pixels on my eReader.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote