View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #35
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
From the kepubify web site I've tried the instruction to convert my calibre library with kepubify. All went well until the last line (add to calibredb) which took ages to complete, something like 30 minuets, is there something wrong with line No4.
Just adding one epub and converting it to kepub it again takes ages to add the database, there must be a better way.

Kepubify BTW is fantastic and doesn't have the problems I was having with the kepub converter plugin.

Open PowerShell.
Type $library = "C:\path\to\Calibre Library\", setting your library path accordingly, and press enter. This will set the path used in the next two commands.
Type C:\path\to\kepubify.exe --calibre --update --inplace "$library", setting the path to kepubify accordingly, and press enter. This will convert any unconverted books. If you also want to re-convert books which are already converted, remove the --update.
Type dir -Path "$library" -Filter *.kepub -Recurse | %{calibredb add -m 'ignore' $_.FullName} and press enter. This will add the converted books to the Calibre database.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote