View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Alexa, read my book

I tried this last night and I was very pleasantly surprised. She reads with a lot more expression than I anticipated; frankly, I thought she was better than Kindle TTS, although it’s been a while since I’ve used that.

Yes, I do feel as if I hear too much of that voice already. And Wanda McCaddon, Juliet Stevenson and Kate Reading have nothing to worry about. I also wouldn’t try it with a book of high anticipation or one with a lot of nuance. But for something mindless as background entertainment? Or to keep a story going while you’re engaged in a reading-unfriendly activity? Alexa just got a lot less annoying for me. I’ll have to try it with her masculine voice on a book more suited to it, too.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote